In the Spring of 2008, Channel Harvest Research conducted its first national survey of independent insurance agents to determine attitudes toward the carriers with which their agencies do business. The survey, “Annual Survey of Independent Insurance Agents on Carrier Relationships,” was the first in a projected series that tracks agents on issues important to agents and carriers in the property and casualty marketplace.
Channel Harvest Research is a partnership of The van Aartrijk Group and Campbell Communications. Aartrijk is a marketing communications firm specializing in the Independent Agency System and Campbell specializes in distribution channel research.
The survey was sponsored by Insurance Journal, a leading insurance industry magazine reaching 42,000 readers in all 50 states.
The survey answered strategic questions such as:
- Under what circumstances do agents place business with a company other than a
- preferred carrier?
- Which characteristics are important to agents when evaluating carriers?
- Which factors in doing business are most important to agents?
- How do individual carriers compare with peer regional or national carriers?
- Why does an agency roll a book of business to a new carrier?
- What issues are important to the Independent Agency System?
- Quantitative survey results are presented in a variety of formats, including rankings of frequently used
- Carriers, ratings of individual carriers, and comparisons of carrier ratings.
To order this report or any of the Channel Harvest reports, contact: