During February and March 2017, Channel Harvest Research surveyed independent insurance agents around the United States to gauge their opinions of the carriers with which they conduct the most business, and to capture agents’ views on a variety of important issues in both the personal and commercial lines of the property-casualty marketplace.
The 2017 survey instrument explored topics including:
- Carrier ratings and rankings – companies with which agents place business and how they rate and rank those carriers on a variety of metrics
- Agency growth – how agents intend to grow their businesses in terms of revenue generation and signing with new carriers
- Carrier communications – how often, and through what vehicles, agents want their companies to communicate with them
- Carrier training – what courses agents want their carriers to provide
- Agents’ technology usage – work-related tasks agents expect to perform on a mobile device in the next 12 months
Channel Harvest Research has conducted this survey annually for the past 10 years. Insurance Journal, a leading insurance industry publication with more than 40,000 subscribers in all 50 states and an online community of tens of thousands, cosponsored the research.
The report presents the survey results in textual, chart and tabular formats, using a rigorous methodology refined over the past decade that ensures data reliability.
To order this report or any of the Channel Harvest reports, contact: