From January to March 2016, Channel Harvest Research surveyed independent insurance agents to measure their 1) opinions toward the carriers with which their firms do business, and 2) views on issues of importance in the property-casualty insurance marketplace.
In particular, the survey explored:
- Carrier ratings and rankings – companies with which agents place business and how they rate and rank those carriers on a variety of metrics
- Agency growth – how agents intend to grow their businesses in terms of revenue generation and signing with new carriers
- Carrier communications – how often, and through what vehicles, agents want their companies to communicate with them
- Carrier training – what courses agents want their carriers to provide
- Customer experience – how agents communicate and interface with customers, and agents’ views of selected industry-wide trends.
This was the ninth annual survey conducted by Channel Harvest and cosponsored by Insurance Journal, a leading industry magazine with more than 40,000 subscribers in all 50 states and tens of thousands of other consumers of its online news and learning products.
This report presents the survey’s results in text, charts and tables, all of which clarify important relationships among the data. Channel Harvest’s methodological rigor has made the data reliable and the analysis will make the data actionable.
To order this report or any of the Channel Harvest reports, contact: